Ag Leader Technology, Inc. a pioneer and recognized technology innovator of precision agriculture hardware and software has a career opportunity for a Human Resources Manager. Located in Ames, Iowa, the company manufactures and markets industry-leading precision farming technology designed to help growers make smart, profitable business decisions. We offer a casual working environment and competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager who exhibits strong leadership and organizational development skills in a rapidly changing environment.
• Exhibit strong leadership, management, communication & HR generalist skills
• Have strong conflict management & problem-solving skills
• Be able to multi-task and be very detail-oriented
• Have the ability to work with all levels of personnel.
• Be discrete, ethical and of high integrity
• Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
• Direct HR Staff and be a working manager
• Be dedicated to bringing their best every day
1. Management of HR Staff and Payroll
2. Strategic HR leadership to President and Staff
3. Support and design of HR systems and processes for business initiatives
4. HR & Company spokesman
5. HR budgeting
6. Employment law compliance
7. Management and employee counseling & coaching
8. Management and leadership development
9. Management and employee training
10. Benefits design
11. Health care compliance and cost containment
12. Employee Handbooks and HR policy development
13. Employee Relations investigations including discipline and adverse action
14. 401(k) Administration – compliance audits, due diligence, loan approvals, etc.
15. Federal and state grant administration
16. Employee career development and engagement
17. Wage and salary management & administration (salaried & hourly employees)
18. Compensation surveys; national and local
19. Community Relations & Chamber of Commerce activities
20. Internal communications
21. Employee skills profiling
22. ADP HR Systems Management
23. Workers compensation review and oversight
24. Salaried and Hourly HR support for Ag Leader & subsidiary, SoilMax
25. International HR support when needed
• 10 years of Human Resources Management experience as an HR Lead in a company with high-tech professional staff and a manufacturing production workforce.
• Requires comprehensive knowledge and background in benefits, employment law, compensation, leadership development, organizational development, staffing and business principles.
• Master’s Degree in Business or Industrial Relations. PHR/SPHR certification is desirable
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and possess high integrity
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work in fast-paced deadline-driven environment
• Ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Ability to professionally interact with all levels of internal and external customers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to readily identify and resolve problems; continuous improvement mindset
• Process-driven mentality