The manufacturing engineering position is responsible for maintaining and improving the production processes in manufacturing, shipping, and warehouse departments. This will include gathering and analyzing data from our MRP system, designing and updating workplace layouts for increased productivity, designing and procuring manufacturing equipment and fixtures, writing standard work instructions and providing support to the production floor.
• Analyze data gathered from production to drive improvements.
• Participate in PFMEA, Kaizan and other lean events.
• Understanding of lean principals and ability to apply them.
• Updating and maintaining Bill of Operations for production. (Epicor preferred)
• Assist operations with business software (Epicor preferred)
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial ) or Industrial Technology
• 3-5 years of experience working in manufacturing environment.
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Understand and use Visual Studio Report Writer, Progress, and SQL
• Ability to write and understand VBA and C# code
• Ability to communicate effectively with management and coworkers
• Ability to solve problems effectively with minimal supervision
• Ability to understand engineering drawings and specifications
• Experience using M.R.P and P.L.M software systems (Epicor preferred)
Ag Leader is a drug-free work environment. All offers for employment are contingent upon taking and passing a drug test, as well as an acceptable background check.