Software Engineer - Embedded/Linux
Our teams help farmers operate more efficiently by providing them with software products and features. We develop multiple products that work together as a system, from embedded controllers through custom touch-screen displays all the way to desktop, web, and tablet applications.
We grow our own abilities while helping others grow crops — we have multiple opportunities for training and personal development as well.
In this position, you’ll be part of a cross-functional scrum team building software for embedded and custom-touchscreen devices. Along with your teammates, you will be responsible for designing and delivering quality, innovative solutions that meet customer needs. You’ll have the opportunity to gain experience in a variety of programming environments related to embedded device and Linux development.
The Right Person Will
• Be highly creative and comfortable developing software based off of high-level customer needs and vision statements, not detailed specifications.
• Contribute and thrive in a cross-functional team environment
• Commit to bringing their best every day
• Be flexible and willing to work in a variety of programming languages
• Possess good technical problem-solving skills
• Receive and provide constructive feedback with the team
• Work with team members to design, implement and test innovative solutions to customer needs
• Deliver high-quality working code within a sprint boundary
• Demonstrate working features to a wide audience within the company
• Show courage and openness by actively participating in retrospectives and code reviews, focusing on the growth of yourself and your team
• Work as needed on applications written in a variety of programming languages
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited academic institution in computer science, software engineering, or other engineering disciplines
• 3 years or more experience in product development focused on software products.
• Strong understanding of C++ and Python
• Working knowledge of Agile software development methods preferred such as Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test-Driven Development
• Experience with Linux and embedded systems