New Release - SMS Basic/Advanced V15.0 and SMS Mobile V9.0!
Ag Leader is proud to announce the release of SMS Basic and Advanced v15.0 and SMS Mobile v9.0. Here are a few items that are included in this update:
• Enhanced support for Ag Leader displays; as well as displays from ALMACO and CNH®
• Enhanced support for importing TIFF image files
• Enhanced the display of swath based data to show more accurate/true coverage from logged data (see below for examples)
• Improved performance when gridding and kriging data
• Added the ability to make a copy of a mix based product
• ...and many more! To learn more about this update, you can find the release notes by clicking here.
Figure 1 - Previous SMS versions. Notice the gaps and stacking occurring in the curved areas.
Figure 2 - New Swath Map in SMS v15. Note the more continuous swath and better representation of actual swath.
Customers that are current in our yearly maintenance program with SMS Basic, SMS Advanced, and SMS Mobile PC and have unlocked their computer online with their username and password in the past, will be able to update online. To learn more about updating your SMS software using our automated update tool, please watch the video below.
Before updating to the latest version of the SMS Software, here are a few things you should do first:
• Restart the device – Before updating to a new version of software, we recommend that you restart your computer, tablet or PDA device.
• Plug devices into the wall – If you’re using a laptop, Ag Leader MESA, Ag Leader Field PC, or other pda device, make sure that you have it plugged into the wall. This will ensure that your device does not lose power while installing the update or migrating data.
• Check In Projects – If you are an SMS Advanced user, all projects that have been “Checked Out” need to be checked back in. This can be done by going to the File menu and clicking Projects.
• Create a backup of your data – Creating backups ensures that you have a good starting point in the event that you have issues during migration or if you have other computer issues down the road. Backups can be created by going to the Services menu and clicking Backup/Restore Project(s).