SMS Does it Again! New features in v.14.5 and Moble v. 8.5!
Ag Leader is proud to announce the release of SMS Basic/Advanced v14.5 and SMS Mobile v8.5. Here are a few items that are included in this update:
- Enhanced support for Ag Leader displays and AgFiniti®; as well as ISO 11783 displays and displays from AGCO™, CNH®, John Deere™, Hemisphere™/Ag Junction® and Precision Planting®
- Added new crop productivity index attributes (NCCPI) to soil survey download (US only)
- Enhanced Trace Boundary for better accuracy
- Enhanced Water Management tools
- Added batch import of LIDAR data (Advanced only)
- Added Landscape Position and Drainage Intensity attributes to Terrain Analysis (Advanced only)
- ….and many more. To learn more about this update, you can find the release notes by clicking here.
See below for examples of some of the new features!
Figure 1: Example of new Landscape Position Attribute in Terrain Analysis. This tool can help to indicate different terrain types present in your field, all based off of the field's 3D grid.
Figure 2: Example of new Soil Survey attribute NCCPI - corn and soybean now available. Also included are NCCPI values for cotton and small Ggains. If you have already downloaded Soil Survey maps previously, you will want to re-import them in order to have access to these new attributes.
Figure 3: Example of enhancements to the Water Management Tools. This tool will check velocity of your run in order to ensure too little, silting, or too much velocity, soil bed erosion, do not occur. The tool utilizes the Automated USDA Soil Survey data you have downloaded and stored for your fields. The target depth, grade, tile size and tile type in your tile plan are compared to the soil texture at the horizon it is installed in. For those outside the US, there are also manual settings for the check.
Customers that are current in our yearly maintenance program with SMS Basic, SMS Advanced, and SMS Mobile PC and have unlocked their computer online with their username and password in the past, will be able to update online. To learn more about updating your SMS software using our automated updated tool, please watch the video below.
Before updating to the latest version of the SMS Software, here are a few things you should do first:
- Restart the device – Before updating to a new version of software, we recommend that you restart your computer, tablet or PDA device.
- Plug devices into the wall – If you’re using a laptop, Ag Leader MESA, Ag Leader Field PC, or other pda device, make sure that you have it plugged into the wall. This will ensure that your device does not lose power while installing the update or migrating data.
- Check In Projects – If you are an SMS Advanced user, all projects that have been “Checked Out” need to be checked back in. This can be done by going to the File menu and clicking Projects.
- Create a backup of your data – Creating backups ensures that you have a good starting point in the event in that you have issues during migration or if you have other computer issues, such as a bad hard drive, down the road. Backups can be created by going to the Services menu and clicking Backup/Restore Project(s)