Job Posting: 1/15/2024 FLSA Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Location: Ames, IA Team: Accounting
Reports to: Controller
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators continuing to revolutionize agriculture.
We are looking for an Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of financial principals to utilize their education in a real-world environment. The Accounting Intern would gain experience with accounting processes and procedures while assisting in Accounts Payable. This position will perform day-to-day accounting tasks and work alongside the finance department to complete month end related items and partake in special projects as needed.
The Right Person Will
- Be motivated with a strong willingness to learn accounting practices and take on new challenges
- Be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality regarding company accounting records
- Complete accounts payable tasks: matching A/P checks with corresponding invoices, billing quantities or receipts, and filing of related documents
- Work frequently with purchasing agents regarding pricing, PO’s, payment terms, etc.
- Process A/P invoices/pack slips which includes verifying and correcting billing issues as applicable
- Work with accounts receivable on repair invoices, subsidiary invoicing, etc
- Assist with additional projects and tasks to learn more about various accounting functions
- Work with accounting supervisor in completing month end reconciliations and journal entries
Qualifications and Skills
- Actively working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting
- Highly detailed orientated and accuracy driven
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work in a team environment
To apply, please submit your resume below.
Ag Leader is a drug-free work environment. All offers for employment are contingent upon a
pre-employment drug screen and background check. Ag Leader participates in e-verify.