Brand and Design Lead
Job Posting: 9/22/2022 FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Location: Ames, IA Supervisory: No
Team: Sales and Marketing Reports to: Content Marketing Manager
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 30 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
Ag Leader is seeking a brand and design lead to create and manage the visual brand identity for a cutting-edge technology company serving the agriculture market. Technology is the fastest growing sector of agriculture, and the Brand and Design Lead will help establish and reinforce Ag Leader’s position in it. This role will provide the opportunity to set and implement the visual brand identity for Ag Leader by managing all graphic design tasks, refining projects and drafts, capturing, and creating visual assets and generating creative ideas that help tell the Ag Leader story.
This is a hybrid role based in Ames, Iowa, with the flexibility to work remotely part-time. For the right candidate, we would consider a remote-based employee willing to travel.
The Right Person Will
- Create compelling visual assets and contribute to the overall brand strategy
- Present innovative ideas for approaching visual identity
- Be open to continuously learning and challenging the status quo
- Promote Ag Leader through high-quality visual content
- Have in-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing
As a leader and valued team member, you will also model the Ag Leader Way Core Values:
- Willing, Ready, Doing
- Courage to Do What is Right
- Contributing to the overall visual strategy representing the Ag Leader brand and propelling it into the future
- Evaluating trends, assessing new data, and keeping up to date with the latest marketing techniques
- Actively participate in discussions and planning around brand and marketing strategies and campaigns
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to uphold and enhance the Ag Leader brand.
- Acting as lead graphic designer driving creative direction and execution across visual design projects from conception to delivery
- Overseeing and reviewing other designers’ (part-time students, interns, content specialists, and agency) drafts to ensure quality
- Generating fresh concepts based on marketing direction
- Ensuring brand consistency throughout various marketing projects
- Manage the brand licensed merchandise strategy, digital asset bin, and trade show booth design efforts
- Provide creative direction for video and photography projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, or relevant area
- 5+ years of relevant design and/or brand experience
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong prioritization and time management skills, experience in an agile environment a plus
- Innovative and creative problem solver that takes initiative and seeks the perspective of others
- Proven Experience in presenting rough concepts, participating in critiques, and executing concepts within deadlines
- Agriculture, software, or technology industry experience is a plus
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume below.