Content Marketing Specialist
Team: Sales and Marketing
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators continuing to revolutionize agriculture.
Ag Leader is looking for a content marketer to drive and create engaging content to connect the value of Ag Leader’s full farm offering with farmers. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating the vision and execution for content marketing plans. You are a fit if you thrive in a fast-paced tech environment and you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and seek out information and solutions.
The Right Person Will
- Relate to farmers and have a customer-focused mentality
- Grasp technical concepts and translate them to tangible benefits and consumable content
- Enjoy dreaming up the vision and putting the details in place
- Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Identify key messages to effectively communicate the Ag Leader brand and build tangible examples and content to tell the Ag Leader story.
- Create content marketing strategies that reflect a keen understanding of our target audiences and the best ways to reach and engage with them.
- Research and visit customers to understand and develop content that addresses pain points with solutions and differentiates Ag Leader in the market.
- Support the content marketing strategy including contributing to the editorial calendar including developing appealing topic angles, seeking out experts or evangelists, chasing information and proof, and translating it into sharable content.
- Help to create strategic marketing campaigns that drive overall product adoption, new product and feature education, and customer engagement.
- Develop high-quality multi-media content for owned channels ((YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Blog and more) including video, photography, data, testimonials targeted towards a variety of audiences.
- Support our global business through working with each regional office to develop localized content strategies and support execution.
- Follow content marketing trends and monitor and analyze the performance of new and existing content, adjusting and revising as needed.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, sales, agronomy, product teams to break through challenges and seek new opportunities for building a stronger message.
- Travel approximately 30%.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, agriculture.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role including product marketing, communications, sales, or agency.
- Creative with experience in content gathering and storytelling.
- Familiarity with video production equipment and editing software or a strong desire to learn (ex. Go-Pro, Drone, raw footage to highly produced content).
- Hands-on experience using precision technology and software preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the farming industry and experience working in it.
- Proficiency with various content production tools including social media platforms, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc. a plus.
To apply, submit your resume below.