Date of Posting: 4/10/23 FLSA Status: Salaried, exempt
Location: Ames, IA Supervisory: Yes
Team: Accounting Reports to: VP Finance & Engineer
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply and harvest more efficiently and profitably. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators continuing to revolutionize agriculture.
As a member of the Ag Leader Technology Leadership Team, the Controller is responsible for directing the financial affairs of the company, for the guidance management, shareholders, or outside financial interests. The Operational Processes for which the Controller is responsible includes: Accounting Manager, Business Finance Analyst, A/P, and A/R. As a leader, you will demonstrate and promote the Ag Leader Way:
- Willing, Ready, Doing
- Courage to do what is Right
The Right Person Will
- Contribute and thrive in a team environment
- Have a customer focused mentality
- Cultivate effective relationships all levels within the company
- Welcome opportunities to solve technical and other work-related challenges
- Commit to bringing their best every day
- Directs the financial affairs of the organization and prepares financial analysis of operations, including financial statements, for the guidance of management, shareholders, or outside financial interests.
- Oversee all aspects of financial reporting including the consolidation of four foreign and domestic subsidiary companies.
- Responsible for formulating the company’s financial plans and policies in accordance with the organizational goals of the President. Establishes and oversees accounting practices and procedures. Maintains relationships with lending institutions and the financial community.
- Coordinate financial activities with outside tax authorities to ensure compliance with all governmental reporting requirements.
- Trains and develops accounting staff to meet reporting requirements and improve departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversees budgeting and financial forecasting processes for use by President, shareholders, or outside financial interest.
- Ability to generate consensus among others on the value of the effort required to implement and maintain a company-wide accounting information system; proficiency with database and spreadsheet software.
- Create/Enhance the work environment in which people feel empowered and can perform effectively as a team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: College degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA license
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience, including 3 years of management/leadership. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Team player that works well with all levels of the organization.
To apply, please submit your resume below.