Job Posting: 12/20/21 FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory: No Team: Embedded Engineering Reports to: Director of Engineering
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. And we are not slowing down.
We are presently looking for a key contributor to join our growing development team. This position offers the opportunity to be involved in new product design process from initial definition through product release. You will be a key team player on our embedded electronics development team. You will work in developing microcomputer based electronic systems for agriculture use.
We offer very competitive pay and benefits in a casual working environment without the time robbing bureaucracy you may have experienced in other organizations. Decisions are made quickly and locally by the team.
Our products are designed, manufactured, and supported from our location in Ames, Iowa.
The Right Person Will
The right person will desire to use their analytical brain and creative thinking to focus on customer value. To do this, you will be on a team where courage, respect, openness, and commitment are paramount to the team’s success. You will communicate your ideas, listen to others, and seek agreement and alignment in all situations to provide customer-focused solutions.
Demonstrates Ag Leader Core Values:
Excellence | Approachable | Willing, Ready, Doing | Courage to Do What Is Right
- You will work closely with our design team to develop uP based monitor and control modules for use on a variety of Agriculture equipment
Qualifications & Skills
- BS or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience in developing advanced microcomputer based systems including analog and digital inputs and outputs
- Familiarity with high-speed design and layout
- Ability to isolate and debug embedded hardware and related software issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies and methods
- Design/use of advanced high-end microprocessors
- Analog design for Signal Conditioning and Power Circuits
- Circuit Board Layout
- FPGA design knowledge is a plus
- Agriculture Background is a Plus but not required
To apply, please submit your resume below.