Electronic Prototype Technician
Job Posting: 12/20/21 FLSA Status: Salaried, exempt
Reports to: Embedded Engineering Manager
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators continuing to revolutionize agriculture.
We are presently looking for a key contributor to join our growing development team. This position offers the opportunity to be involved as a member of our embedded electronics development team. You will work in building surface mount electronic prototypes, troubleshooting and testing our electronic assemblies. You will also assist in procurement of parts and supplies for our prototypes and equipment.
The Right Person Will
- Be able to work well in a team environment, or alone when necessary
- Be able to follow written and verbal instructions, procedures
- Have excellent communication skills, especially regarding troubleshooting
- Have strong attention to detail and the ability to focus
- Assemble prototype circuit boards using small surface mount components
- Procure needed prototype electronic components and related parts for our new designs
- Troubleshoot and repair prototype circuits, following schematics and working with our design engineers.
- Occasionally do mechanical fabrication of enclosures for prototype test equipment.
- Manage our inventory of prototype parts and materials
Qualifications & Skills
- 2-year Associates degree and/or 2 years strong related experience
- Proficient at soldering and assembly of circuits involving small surface mount components and multilayer circuit boards
- Solid troubleshooting and root cause analysis skill set required
- Ability to use standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, volt meters, & power supplies
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to understand schematics and troubleshoot equipment
- Strong soldering / de-soldering experience required using irons, hot air, or other equipment
- Software development skill is a plus
- Mechanical fabrication skills are a plus
- Automotive, Ag electronics, and/or Ag background a plus
To apply, please submit your resume below.