Electronic Design Intern
Job Posting: 01/29/2024 FLSA Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Location: Ames, IA Supervisory: No
Team: Electronics Design Reports to: Electronic Design Supervisor
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
Join Ag Leader’s Precision Ag Electronics Design Team that develops electronic designs to interface with operators and agricultural equipment to improve efficiency and customers’ lives. Create, iterate, and implement innovative designs from first concept to initial production sales orders. This intern role will focus on testing and evaluating new designs. An excellent opportunity to learn about electronic needs to meet real-world requirements such as EMI (Electromagnetic Interference), ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) and a variety of power conditions for battery connected devices.
The Right Person Will
- Demonstrate ability to accurately and proficiently handle problem-solving situations in a fast-paced environment
- Excel in working independently and in a team environment
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to maintain attention to detail
- Ability to run performance tests using electronic tools and software.
- Work with Engineers to troubleshoot and improve deficiencies in designs.
- Troubleshoot electronic systems with a sense of curiosity when issues or unexpected results occur.
- Document results and communicate concerns with other team members.
Qualifications and Skills
Understanding of electronic circuits
Familiarity with test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes and signal generators
Strong desire for continuous learning
Curiosity to get to the root cause of issues
Strong organization and communication skills
To apply, please submit your resume below.
Ag Leader is a drug-free work environment. All offers for employment are contingent upon a
pre-employment drug screen and background check. Ag Leader participates in e-verify.