Embedded Software (Linux) Engineer
Department: Embedded Engineering Reports To: Director of Engineering
Supervisor Responsibilities: No FLSA Status: Exempt
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. And we are not slowing down.
We are presently looking for a key contributor to join our development team. This position offers the opportunity to be involved in new product design process from initial definition through product release.
You will be a key team player on our embedded development team. You will work in developing board support packages for our embedded products. This will include development of embedded Linux systems, as well as other microprocessor based systems with and without an RTOS.
We offer very competitive pay and benefits in a casual working environment without the time robbing bureaucracy you may have experienced in other organizations. Decisions are made quickly and locally by the team.
Our products are designed, manufactured, and supported from our location in Ames, Iowa
The Right Person Will
The right person will desire to use their analytical brain and creative thinking to focus on customer value. To do this, you will be on a team where courage, respect, openness, and commitment are paramount to the team’s success. You will communicate your ideas, listen to others, and seek agreement and alignment in all situations to provide customer-focused solutions.
Essential Job Functions
Demonstrates Ag Leader Core Values:
Excellence | Approachable | Willing, Ready, Doing | Courage to Do What Is Right
- You will work closely with our embedded hardware design engineers to develop board support software for new products.
- You may also be called upon to develop complete software packages for some of our embedded designs.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- BS in Computer, Electrical, or Software Engineering
- Demonstrated advanced embedded design skills including development firmware and drivers for RTOS based microprocessor systems
- Proficient in C, C++ and familiarity with real time operating systems
- Strong understanding of embedded hardware and interfaces
- Ability to isolate and debug embedded hardware and software issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies and methods
Desired Skill Requirements
- Development of firmware drivers for Embedded Linux based systems
- Yocto platform development experience
- Experience with Git and Perforce or similar revision control systems
- ARM and other processor and microcontroller experience
- Agriculture Background is a Plus but not required
To apply, please submit your resume below.