Engineering Manager – Software
Job Posting: 09/24/21 FLSA Status: Salaried, exempt
Supervisory: Yes Team: Engineering – Software Development Reports to: Senior Engineering Manager, SW
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
As an Engineering Manager – Software, you will supervise a group of engineers building software products that help farmers improve their way of life and maximize the productivity of their operation. In this position, you will be responsible for supervising the people, technical resources and projects of a subset of the department. This is a challenging opportunity to gain experience in people leadership, process improvement and technical mentorship. There will be opportunities to participate in training and personal development.
The Right Person Will
- Inspire engineers to broaden the applicability of their solutions
- Commit to bringing their best every day
- Readily lead improvement efforts
- Delight in problem-solving no matter the problem
- Give and receive constructive feedback to others
- Recruiting, hiring, onboarding and career development of the software engineers reporting to you.
- Creating, collecting and analyzing key performance metrics of the software engineering group.
- Exemplifying our company and department values and inspire others to live by them.
- Working with other leaders in the company to improve and execute our product development process.
- Participating in departmental budgetary plans.
Qualifications & Skills
- Applicable degree preferred, in lieu of degree 8 years applicable work experience.
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer
- 5+ years experience in product development focused on software products
- Working knowledge of common software development practices (e.g., Scrum, Continuous Integration, Test-Driven Development)
- Additional areas of interest
- A desire to continue personal and professional development
- Fascination with humans and what makes them tick
- Sense of humor, believes work should be enjoyable
To apply, please submit your resume below.