International Business Manager
Job Posting: May 11th, 2023 FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Location: Ames, IA Supervisory: Yes
Reports to: VP Customer Facing Operations
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 30 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
To join Ag Leader as a key member responsible for developing Ag Leader’s International business. Currently Ag Leader has offices in three regions, EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America. This individual will develop strategies across the regions that determine Ag Leader’s success while identifying Business, Sales and Product opportunities that drive success.
The Right Person Will
- Have a passion and enjoy working with people from other cultures.
- Be growth minded and offer innovative ideas on a collaborative Team.
- Provide a calming presence and has the grit to provide creative & effective solutions to overcome roadblocks where appropriate.
- Proven experience ‘championing’ business development growth and initiatives.
- Define and lead to business alignment on International business objectives within Ag Leader.
- Ensure the sales & support strategies align with company objectives.
- Align product awareness and marketing efforts around goals & objectives defined by the Marketing Department while providing regional context to help inform those strategies.
- Speak into product opportunities and needs for continued success in International regions.
- Collect, review, and share international demographics for the purpose of identifying worldwide markets for Ag Leader products.
- Determine and track financial success for the International offices and regions.
- Coordinate key business items that require the assistance of other departments within Ag Leader (HR, IT, Accounting, Manufacturing).
- Understand and manage currency fluctuations and how it affects product prices and regional expenses.
- Develop and manage budgets and sales forecasts for individual regions.
- Be mindful of unique ways to conduct business in the varying International regions.
- Determine improved ways to operate within individual regions including but not limited to, inventory levels, importing product, working with in country third party experts (Attorney, HR firms, Accountants).
- Lead and manage multiple Direct Reports.
- 25% Travel to International Regions engaged with Regional Personnel, Distributors and Customers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 10 years of agriculture experience with 5 years of international experience.
- Experience growing and identifying business opportunities in EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America. Knowledge and awareness of additional International markets as needed.
- Thorough understanding of sales and marketing techniques including key success factors and limitations.
- Ability to gather, analyze and effectively present business performance information to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of internal and external individuals to include engineers, sales representatives, dealers and farmers.
- Ability to develop and maintain good liaison with other department personnel and management staff.
To apply, please submit your resume below.