IT Support Specialist (Part-Time or Internship)
Date of Posting: February 2, 2021 Hourly Job Posting: IT Support Specialist (Part-Time or Internship)
Department: Information Technology Reports to: IT Manager
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
Ag Leader is seeking an IT Support Specialist to provide technical assistance to employees in all departments and all levels of the company. This position is key to Ag Leader’s continued success. By successfully configuring hardware/software, improving resource performance, encouraging optimal use, and quickly resolving technical issues this position directly impacts employee productivity throughout the company.
The Right Person Will
- Possess a keen eye for detail and technical, logical thought processes.
- Be patient and understanding of user frustration.
- Communicate and work with individuals of varying technical abilities.
- Contribute and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Constantly learn and contribute ideas to the team.
- Share credit and define success collectively rather than individually.
- Strive for more, identify work to be done and seek opportunities.
- Configure and install software and hardware including but not limited to desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices, software and printers.
- Respond in a timely manner to issues and requests.
- Provide in-person and phone assistance to employees.
- Ask questions to properly diagnose problems.
- Walk users through recommended problem-solving steps.
- Repair and replace equipment.
- Train users on hardware functionality and software.
- Track technological trends and test new technology.
- Document processes.
Qualifications & Skills
- Pursuing or completion of a related two- or four-year degree.
- Relevant certifications are a plus but not required.
- Experience with various operating systems (e.g., Windows, Apple iOS, Android, and Linux).
- Experience installing and configuring hardware and applications.
- Basic understanding of wired and wireless networking concepts.
- Listening. Understand problems users describe and know when to ask clarifying questions.
- Problem Solving. Identify, analyze, and solve simple and complex computer problems.
- Speaking & Writing. Describe solutions in a way non-technical users can understand.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks. Accept constructive criticism.
To apply, please submit you resume below.