Date of Posting: October 20, 2022 FLSA Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Location: Ames, IA Supervisory: No
Reports to: Content Marketing Manager
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators continuing to revolutionize agriculture.
Ag Leader is looking for a Marketing and Communications Intern/Part-Time Student to help create engaging content that connects the value of Ag Leader’s full farm offerings with farmers. In this role, you’ll work closely with the marketing team to execute the content marketing plan. You are a fit if you have a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and seek out information and solutions, and you want to gain real world marketing experience. This position will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with the Agronomy team.
The Right Person Will
- Be motivated with a strong willingness to learn marketing practices and take on new challenges.
- Relate to farmers and have a customer-focused mentality.
- Enjoy being creative and coming up with new ideas to reach our target audience.
- Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Be an enthusiastic learner and motivated team member.
- Develop high-quality content for social media channels (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and more) including video, photography, data, testimonials targeted towards a variety of audiences.
- Follow content marketing trends and monitor and analyze the performance of new and existing content, adjusting, and revising as needed.
- Work collaboratively with marketing and sales teams to seek new opportunities for building a stronger message.
- Assist with special projects and event support.
- Assist in improving SEO by implementing changes to the website and assisting in writing customer facing blogs.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Actively working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an agricultural or communications field, such as ag communications, ag business, marketing, or related degree.
- Highly detailed orientated.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (not required, but an added bonus).
To apply, please submit your resume below.