Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Posting: 07/09/21 FLSA Status: Salaried, exempt
Supervisory: No Team: Engineering Reports to: Mechanical Design Mgr.
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
We are looking for a person to join our Mechanical Design Team as an Engineer. The mechanical design team develops systems to interface with agricultural equipment to improve our customers’ lives. These teams create, iterate, and implement these innovative Ag Leader products from first concept to initial production sales orders.
The Right Person Will
- Strive to use their analytical brain and creative thinking to focus on customer value
- Have strong communication skills and be able to relate to coworkers and company leadership
- Contribute and thrive in a cross-functional team environment
- Exhibit respect and seek truth in all situations
- The ability to learn, grow, and improve as an engineering team member
- Delight in problem-solving no matter the problem
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Commit to bringing their best every day
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Creates and develops parts to adapt products to existing agricultural equipment.
- Designs mechanical interfaces for sensing, measuring, and recording products.
- Designs parts and makes production drawings using CAD and generally accepted drafting techniques.
- Fabricates or sources prototype hardware as needed.
- Evaluates designs through team reviews, engineering analysis, testing, and/or other methods.
- Troubleshoots electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems with a sense of curiosity when issues or unexpected results occur.
- Develops and evaluates field and/or lab tests to ensure products meet customer expectations and engineering goals.
- Leads in validation of product by developing methods and criteria with manufacturing engineering to ensure product meets customers’ expectations.
- Frequently receives feedback from various new product development personnel to improve designs and works to implement changes early in the design process.
- Creates technical documentation of product including installation and assembly instructions.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited academic institution in agricultural, mechanical, or aerospace engineering. In lieu of engineering degree, 8+ years’ of applicable experience will be considered.
- Agricultural background is a plus
- Strong aptitude in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Hydraulic component design
- Hydraulic systems found on agricultural equipment
- Product testing and validation
To apply, please submit your resume below.