Mechanical Design Senior Engineer
Department: Mechanical Engineering Reports To: Mechanical Design Supervisor
Supervisor Responsibilities: No FLSA Status: Exempt
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. And we aren’t slowing down.
We are looking for people to join our Mechanical Design Team as a Senior Design Engineer. The mechanical design team develops systems to interface with agricultural equipment to improve our customers’ lives. These teams create, iterate, and implement these innovative Ag Leader products from first concept to initial production sales orders.
The Right Person Will
The right person will desire to use their analytical brain and creative thinking to focus on customer value. To do this, you will be on a scrum team where courage, respect, openness, and commitment are paramount to the team’s success. You will communicate your ideas, listen to others, and seek agreement and alignment in all situations to provide customer-focused solutions.
Demonstrates Ag Leader Core Values:
Excellence | Approachable | Willing, Ready, Doing | Courage to Do What Is Right
- Holds the ability to mentor and teach less experienced team members in new product development as an equal.
- Leads the “how” of the development steps needed for a successful technology solution.
- Technically assist team members in troubleshooting electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Seeks out and champions design methods and tools that speeds product time to market and reduces waste.
- Creates and develops parts to adapt products to existing agricultural equipment.
- Designs mechanical interfaces for sensing, measuring, and recording products.
- Designs parts and makes production drawings using generally accepted drafting techniques.
- Evaluates designs through team reviews, engineering analysis, testing, and/or other methods.
- Develops and evaluates field and/or lab tests to ensure products meet customer expectations and engineering goals.
- Leads in validation of product by developing methods and criteria with manufacturing engineering to ensure product meets customers’ expectations.
- Creates technical documentation of product including installation and assembly instructions.
- Frequently receives feedback from various new product development personnel to improve designs and works to implement changes early in the design process.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited academic institution in agricultural, mechanical, or aerospace engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience in product engineering
- 4+ years’ experience developing devices similar to those used in below precision agriculture operations.
- Row Crop Planting
- Crop Chemical Application
- Crop Harvest
- Vehicle Steering and Autonomy
- Strong aptitude in one or more of the following areas:
- Hydraulic systems found on agricultural equipment
- CANBus communication or protocols
- Strength Analysis
- System Mathematical Modeling
- Controls Theory
- Electronic Assembly Design
Specific Skill Requirements
- Ability to communicate and listen effectively with executive management and coworkers.
- Ability to solve problems effectively with minimal supervision.
- Participate, foster, and improve the team for creative problem resolution.
- Show respect and seek truth in all situations.Internal dive to exceed the status quo.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to learn, grow, and improve as an engineering team member.
- Be open with your team, holding yourself and others accountable.
- Accept and give constructive criticism for the success of the team.
- Be able to lead or follow to accomplish the team’s goals.
- Take personal responsibility to maintain harmony amongst the team.
- Ability to perform engineering analysis and CAD design.
To apply, please submit your resume below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org .