Mechanical Design Supervisor
Job Posting: 07/09/21 FLSA Status: Salaried, exempt
Supervisory: No Team: Engineering Reports to: Mechanical Design Mgr.
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to positively impact the individuals that make up the mechanical design department. You will be responsible for the health of the environment in which these individuals create, iterate, implement, and support Ag Leader products. You will spend time coaching team members, product owners, scrum masters to be their best and to maximize their effectiveness in the mechanical team environment. You will also collaborate with and support other departments in maintaining a positive workplace. Lastly, you will be responsible for executing the tasks of the department that fall outside the purview of the mechanical design teams.
We value your analytical brain but need your people skills. An approach of continuous improvement coaching is crucial to success in our Agile environment. Your style should be one that creates a sense of empowerment not directing, assigning, or delegating. Use your prior experience of leading, following, and working in a team to maintain harmony among teams and individuals.
The Right Person Will
- Create an environment that allows team members to be their best
- Inspire individuals and the team to create awesome products; provide clarity to purpose
- Mentor individuals through life and provide encouraging support along the way
- Facilitate self-empowerment
- Passionately lead in the development of themselves and others
- Generate an environment of continual improvement
- Lead yourself and others through challenges with satisfying and sustainable results
- Show respect and seek truth in all situations
- Mentor and coach team members and teams using adult learning strategies and practices
- Cultivate relationships with internal departments
- Professionally interact with external customers and vendors
- Support project planning, sizing, timing and project strategy collaboration to maximize value to end customer
- Remain aware of the team and project status to anticipate concerns and roadblocks; consciously coach through challenges
- Attract and hire top talent to accomplish Ag Leader’s goals
- Promote securing intellectual property
- Assist with department budget and finances
- On-board new employees
- Position success will be evaluated by workplace health – such as collaboration, creativity, organizational teamwork, and leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in a related technical field or master’s degree in an unrelated field
- Agricultural background is preferred
- Strong background in Agile and lean frameworks; Certified Scrum Master or relevant experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Ag Leaders product development team environment or 5+ years’ experience in supervisor/manager/coaching role
To apply, please submit your resume below.