Product Sales Specialist
Date of Posting: 6/30/2022 FLSA Status: Salaried, non-exempt
Supervisory: No Team: Sales and Marketing Reports to: Dir. NA Sales & Marketing
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 30 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
Our Product Sales Specialist will educate and empower our sales team and dealer network to understand how to position and sell the Ag Leader full farm solution, with a specific focus on application. You will also work behind the scenes to execute the product marketing strategy through positioning and messaging while providing key market insights to internal teams.
The Right Person Will
- Be passionate about providing solutions
- Have a thorough understanding of the value of data and how to communicate by example
- Grasp and translate application and spraying concepts to tangible benefits
- Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Be growth minded and offer innovative ideas to challenge the status quo
- Gain a thorough expertise of Ag Leader’s full farm data connectivity solutions and evangelize through example tangible ways they benefit the grower’s operation.
- Educate Territory Managers, dealers and growers on the value of Ag Leader’s application solutions.
- Work with Regional Sales Specialists to coordinate cooperator trials to demonstrate the value of Ag Leader technology in strategic regions.
- Develop product positioning and compelling messaging that differentiates our connectivity and application solutions in the market.
- Utilize examples from Tech Trials, research and grower engagement to build content that effectively tells the story of our precision application and in field connectivity.
- Work with the Marketing Team to execute strategic marketing campaigns that will drive overall product adoption and customer engagement.
- Develop sales enablement tools focused on aiding field sales team and distribution network to communicate the value of data and available application solutions.
- Travel to territories to speak at grower meetings, dealer workshops and other events that drive product and industry education.
- Stay connected with changes in the market and competitive offerings and educate sales team on competitive advantages.
- Partner with Product Management and Support teams to help identify customer problems and how we might solve those problems.
- Assist in bringing new products and features to market.
- Travel up to 50%.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or agriculture
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a marketing, sales or customer-facing role in agriculture
- Hands-on experience using precision application products and data management platforms such as AgFiniti
- Persuasive and charismatic presenter, comfortable presenting to groups of all size as well as on camera
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organizational aptitude and ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to collaborate with different departments and set proper expectations
- Proven success in a product management or product marketing role with go-to-market experience
- Agronomy background a plus
To apply, please submit your resume below.