Quality Engineering Intern
Job Posting: 1/29/2024 FLSA Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Supervisory: No Status: Full-time Summer Internship
Location: Ames, IA Team: Manufacturing
Reports to: Quality and CI Manager
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
Join Ag Leader Technology as a Quality Engineering Intern working with a cross-functional team within the Manufacturing department. This opportunity will focus on tackling day-to-day quality issues and inefficiencies within the manufacturing functions to reduce cost of poor-quality, increase production efficiency and increase customer satisfaction.
The Right Person Will
Strive to use their analytical brain and creative thinking to focus on customer value
Have strong communication skills and be able to relate to coworkers and company leadership
Contribute and thrive in a cross-functional team environment
Exhibit respect and seek truth in all situations
Use strong problem-solving skills to solve complicated issues
Commit to bringing their best every day
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Be a front-line resource for production problem evaluation and solution development
- Execute basic problem methodologies (such as 8D, 5-Why, cause-and-effect diagrams, etc.) to identify root cause and corrective actions
- Support the daily Gemba walk process through the production departments
- Be a Corrective Action (CAR) owner
- Work with suppliers directly on purchased component quality problems
- Support inspection, sorting and quarantining activities as needed
- Perform minor rework of parts to obtain conformity as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Current enrollment in an accredited academic institution in Industrial Technology, Industrial Engineering, or other engineering discipline
- Manufacturing background is a plus
- Basic understanding of lean manufacturing concepts
- Basic understanding of engineering drawings/prints
- Basic understanding of part measurement tools and techniques
To apply, please submit your resume below.
Ag Leader is a drug-free work environment. All offers for employment are contingent upon a
pre-employment drug screen and background check. Ag Leader participates in e-verify.