Job Posting: 4/26/2023 FLSA Status: Full-time hourly, non-exempt
Location: Ames, IA Supervisory: No
Team: Manufacturing Reports to: Quality and CI Manager
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
Ag Leader is seeking a Quality Technician to help us ensure that non-conforming products do not continue through the production process and are not distributed to customers. In this role, you will conduct regular quality inspections throughout production. You will be the primary contact for all of production and distribution for day-to-day quality compliance evaluation. This function will require the use of basic precision measuring tools to ensure that products follow specifications. This role will work closely with other functions of the Quality Department to ensure we continue to meet the customer’s needs and drive to maximize customer satisfaction.
The Right Person Will
- Strive to use their analytical brain and creative thinking to focus on customer value
- Have strong communication skills and be able to relate to coworkers and company leadership
- Contribute and thrive in a cross-functional team environment
- Exhibit respect and seek truth in all situations
- Use strong problem-solving skills to solve issues
- Commit to bringing their best every day
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Be a front-line resource for production quality related inquiries.
- Spearhead inspection, sorting and quarantining activities, as needed.
- Support purchased component supplier quality control efforts.
- Execute basic problem methodologies to identify root cause and propose possible corrective actions.
- Support the daily Gemba walk process.
- Participate and/or facilitate the MRB (Material Review Board) process.
- Perform minor rework of parts to obtain conformity, as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate degree in a technical field (or equivalent experience)
- Manufacturing background is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings/prints
- Basic understanding of part measurement tools and techniques
- Solid communication skills
To apply, please submit your resume below.