Scrum Master – Mechanical
Date of Posting: August 3, 2021
Team: Engineering FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Mechanical Design Supervisor Supervisory: No
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to build, guide and encourage a high-performing team building mechanical systems to interface with agricultural equipment. You will be responsible for guiding the team’s process and removing obstacles they face while creating, iterating and implementing these innovative Ag Leader products from first concept to initial production sales orders. This is a unique position where leadership looks like serving the team and the team’s impact is the fruit of your guidance.
The Right Person Will
- Have strong communication skills and be able to relate to developers, product managers and company leadership.
- Contribute and thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Commit to bringing their best every day.
- Encourage and coach the team and individuals in scrum and agile methodologies.
- Be comfortable using different approaches to facilitate meetings, retrospectives and brainstorming sessions.
- Generate an environment of continual improvement.
- Lead the team through challenges with satisfying and sustainable results.
- Show respect and seek truth in all situations.
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Enjoy helping individuals and teams learn and improve what they create and how they create it.
- Advocate and leader of scrum processes, implementation and improvement with the team.
- Work to create a collaborative culture within the team and with those outside the team (for the benefit of the team).
- Create an environment where healthy conflict arises often and is resolved by the team.
- Facilitate team meetings creating team clarity and commitments for the objective at hand.
- Commit to the project and sprint goals as a team member.
- Encourage and facilitate progress of satisfying and lasting changes that improves the team; Enable team to become better version of itself, continually.
- Remove team impediments.
- Help the team and product owner maintain a properly groomed and prioritized backlog.
- Lead in on-boarding new team members.
- Assist in Mechanical Design department initiatives.
- Secondarily, lends a hand to complete mechanical work with the team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited academic institution in related technical field
- Agricultural background is preferred
- 3+ years experience in product development team environment
- Certified Scrum Master (will send otherwise qualified candidates to training)
- Additional areas of interest
- Experience with project management techniques
- Technical understanding of mechanical design and development process
- Working knowledge of Agile software and Lean development methods and what makes them highly effective
To apply, please submit your resume below.