Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
To work on a cross-functional team building software products that help farmers maximize profit and field productivity as a Software Engineer. In this position you, along with your teammates, will be responsible for designing and delivering quality, innovative solutions to customer needs. This is a challenging opportunity to gain experience and expertise in a variety of programming environments related to development in embedded devices and Linux. There will be opportunities to participate in training and personal development.
The Right Person Will
- Contribute and thrive in a cross-functional team environment
- Commit to bringing their best every day
- Delight in problem solving no matter the problem
- Be flexible and willing to work in a variety of programming languages
- Give and receive constructive feedback to others
- Work with team members to design, implement and test innovative solutions to customer needs
- Deliver high-quality working code within a sprint boundary
- Demonstrate working features to a wide audience within the company
- Show courage and openness by actively participating in retrospectives and code reviews, focusing on growth of yourself and your team
- Work as needed on applications written in a variety of programming languages
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited academic institution in computer science, software engineering, or other engineering discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in product development focused on software products
- Strong understanding of C++
- Professional experience working with Linux and embedded systems
- Additional areas of interest
- Python experience
- Knowledge of geospatial functions and concepts
- Foundations in math concepts
- Working knowledge of Agile software development methods preferred such as Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test-Driven Development
To apply, please submit your resume below.