Supply Chain Manager
Job Posting: 05/06/22 FLSA Status: Salaried, exempt Supervisory: Yes
Team: Supply Chain Management Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
This role reports to the Director of Manufacturing with the primary responsibility of establishing the long-term materials planning strategy and optimizing daily execution levels to achieve ideal supply continuity. Success in this position involves collaborating with other members of the manufacturing leadership team to identify and address supply/materials related issues and lead the supply planning process, and effectively leading a team of supply management professionals to deliver on company objectives through planning, teamwork, and employee development.
The Right Person Will
- Have strong organizational, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Respond to changes in an efficient and prompt manner.
- Contribute and thrive in a team environment
- Have a customer focused mentality
- Cultivate relationships with team members
- Welcome opportunities to solve technical and other work-related challenges
- Commit to bringing their best every day
- Oversee procurement of all raw materials and Supplier Development.
- Drive major performance goals including raw material inventory levels, inventory turns, inventory accuracy, service part fill rates and cost.
- Manage Supply Chain Management staff so that all materials arrive in a timely fashion to meet delivery commitment to customers.
- Develop programs with suppliers to reduce costs and improve performance.
- Drive continuous improvement in working capital measurements through inventory management initiatives that drive out waste, minimize excess/obsolete, enable on-time delivery, and improve overall turns
- Ownership of Supplier Performance reviews with key suppliers to communicate delivery, quality and engagement performance.
- Develop and manage Supplier Agreements with strategic supply partners.
- Provide forecast updates to Ag Leader’s supply base in alignment with our Sales, Inventory, and Operations planning process.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5 – 10 years of supply chain/purchasing experience in a manufacturing setting.
- 5+ years of direct supervisory experience.
- Proficient with production / inventory control systems and usage of MRP/ERP software.
- Proven experience utilizing Value Stream Mapping, Material Flow, Visual Management, Standard Work, Change Over, Root Cause Analysis, Kanban and TQM
- Work experience with document and process control supporting ISO 9001 requirements
- Proven experience implementing Lean material flow concepts, systems and tools such as Plan for Every Part (PFEP), pull systems, supermarkets, scheduling boards, etc.
- Working knowledge of small package and LTL freight methods, both US and global.
- Experience with accounting methods that impact the procurement of goods.
- SIOP experience in a supply planning capacity.
- Ability to negotiate in person and in contracts with suppliers.
- Strong working capabilities with Microsoft Office software – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply, please submit your resume below.