Technology and Connectivity Agronomy Intern
The Precision Technology Agronomy Intern will assist with leveraging technology to maximize crop output and efficiency through connectivity utilizing Ag Leader’s tools. You will also assist with research field trials and large onfarm studies conducted at the Ag Leader research farm in Ames, IA and other locations across North America. You will aide in organizing and summarizing data from these trials and other research plots. Your role will involve familiarization with existing and new precision farming technology. This position will compliment formal education by offering exposure to agronomy, precision agriculture, and sales roles within the agricultural equipment manufacturing industry. You will work independently as well as cross functionally with the Agronomy Team, Sales and Marketing Team, Product Management, Territory Managers, Dealers, and end-users.
The Right Person Will
- Aide in organizing and summarizing data from these trials and other research plots.
- Contribute to bringing innovative products and services to our customers.
- Have strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Work independently
- Have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with the Agronomy Team, Product Management, Territory Managers, Dealers, and end-users.
You will contribute to bringing innovative products and services to our customers. Interpersonal and communication skills will be sharpened while working across various teams and interfacing with Ag Leader customers. Gain experience in independently managing your time and priorities, and make decisions to achieve goals. Collecting and recording data from field research trials and large on-farm studies will provide practical and meaningful experience for a future career in production agriculture. Observe and document field management practices. Attend and assist with educational meetings. Assist with other ongoing agronomy training activities. Safe operation of Ag Leader Technology vehicle while traveling.
Qualifications and Skills
- Enrollment in Agriculture, Biology, Biochemistry, GIS & Remote Sensing or related degree program
- Agronomy related major preferred
- Current Sophomore or Junior standing at an accredited university
- Agricultural background beneficial
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
- Must be able to work independently
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Demonstrate superior work ethic and motivated self-starter
- Leadership and interpersonal skills/experience desired
How to Apply
Ag Leader Technology, Inc., an innovator in the precision farming industry, has an internship available in the Agronomy Department for the summer of 2020. We offer a casual working environment and flexible schedule. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by November 1, 2019. Candidates will be notified to schedule a personal interview at the Ag Leader campus in Ames, Iowa. Ag Leader is an equal employment opportunity employer.