Job Posting: 04/25/2023 FLSA Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Location: Ames, IA Supervisory: No
Team: Warehouse Reports to: Production & Inventory Control Mgr
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 30 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
Ag Leader is looking for a motivated individual that would like to join our Warehouse team! You’ll be a key contributor to the support of our production and engineering teams by providing products and services to meet company shipping, quality, and inventory Goals.
The Right Person Will
- Be a self-starter with a positive attitude that will enjoy a variety of tasks.
- Work well in a team environment and perform well under stress when confronted with deadlines or unusual situations.
- Communicate effectively regarding situations that require attention.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, perform precision tasks, have strong organizational skills and be able to move from task to task quickly without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and procedures.
- Work with other team members to efficiently maintain inventory accuracy. This will include, but is not limited to, receiving product into the building, providing parts for production activities, job receipts, and storing and maintaining parts inventory for entire building.
- Cross train in other departments, perform a variety of other production support duties.
- Consistently lift objects up to 40 lbs, and occasionally lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Flexibility to extend work hours to complete required work as necessary.
- Must be able to safely, efficiently and confidently operate warehouse equipment, including at heights that may exceed 10 feet; training will be provided.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School/GED
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to utilize computer to perform daily tasks.
- Inventory experience in a manufacturing environment is desired.
- Positive acceptance of unavoidable tension and pressure in workplace.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are preferred.
- Plant-wide product familiarity would be a plus, but not necessary.
- Must be able to sit/stand/walk for up to 8 hours.
- Must be of legal age to operate a vehicle and have a valid motor vehicle license.
To apply, please submit your resume below.