Western Region Sales Manager – North America
Job Posting: 05/09/22 FLSA Status: Exempt
Team: Sales and Marketing Reports to: Director of North America Sales & Marketing
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team that provides year-round solutions to help farmers plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. We are improving the lives of farmers. We are increasing the efficiency of production agriculture around the world. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators revolutionizing agriculture.
To join our Sales and Marketing Leadership team as a key member responsible for driving growth across the Western North American territories. This individual will lead our field sales team and help develop strategies across the region that will increase sales opportunities and build on company initiatives.
The Right Person Will
- Have a passion for developing and mentoring people
- Be growth minded and offer innovative ideas that challenge the status quo
- Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Be dedicated to bringing their best everyday
- Lead, develop and coach a team of Territory Managers and Regional Sales Specialists and set an example of sales excellence.
- Be a key voice in defining the overall sales strategy and communicate goals and initiatives clearly to the team that align with department plans.
- Analyze performance of regional sales territories and implement action plans to grow market share and identify areas for sales growth.
- Analyze historical sales trends, project new sales trends and develop territory level forecasts of company sales by product line.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to develop and implement strategies to build brand awareness and lead generation in the region.
- Help establish and communicate best-in-class dealer expectations and incentives.
- Implement field sales tools including sales training, sales incentive plans, financing programs and marketing strategies.
- Build strong relationships with key dealers to enable the Ag Leader partnership & enhance dealer development strategies
- Oversee recruitment and approval of new dealers within the region.
- Work with Regional Sales Specialists to define field trials and other related regional in-field activities that help reach sales goals.
- Other projects as assigned
- Western Region territories include IA, MN/WI, MO/KS, NE, Dakotas and West Coast
- 50% Travel with strong desire to be in the field and engaged with team and dealer
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related field.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in an agricultural-related sales position, preferably working with a dealer network.
- Proven leadership experience with success in leading sales professionals, implementing performance goals and motivating individual development.
- Familiarity with general farming practices in production agriculture.
- Comfortable presenting to small and large audiences and delivering information in a charismatic way.
- Effective organizational and communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to resolve conflict and contribute to a positive culture.
To apply, please submit your resume below.