Is your Sprayer Due for an Upgrade?
What comes to mind when you think about which technology has the greatest impact on your crops?
The most common response might be the planter, and you’re not wrong. We’ve all heard the saying, “You only have 40 chances in your lifetime to get it right.” Ag Leader offers several planter technology systems and tools to meet the needs of the individual farmer. Seed placement is crucial to the success of your crop. However, after placing the seed, many other external factors can affect its performance—weather, pests, availability of nutrients and more.
You will often make more passes through the field with your sprayer than any other machine on the farm to control those external factors that affect the plant’s environment.
The sprayer operator’s job is difficult and extremely important—especially when input costs are high. Now is the time to consider upgrading your sprayer with the “right” technology to make their job easier and more effective.
New to the Ag Leader lineup is RightSpot™, an individual nozzle control for your sprayer.
Ag Leader employee and RightSpot field tester
Benefits of an individual nozzle control system over traditional sprayer technology are:
- Flow rate and pressure are controlled independently, allowing for a consistent rate across a variety of conditions
- Achieves consistent coverage across the entire field through nozzle-by-nozzle technology
- Reduces overapplication and product waste by automatically turning the applicator on/off based on field boundaries and already-applied areas as it passes over the field
- Turn compensation allows consistent coverage on both the inner and outer portions of the boom
- Visibility in-and-out of the cab and year-round control with the InCommand 1200
We also offer liquid application systems that provide section control and ISOBUS control.
Is my sprayer compatible?
We currently support most of the major brands of sprayers, including pull-types. Don’t see your sprayer listed? Keep checking back. We will be continuing to add models in upcoming releases.
What does it cost?
Cost will vary depending on the make, model and size of your boom. For example: the cost to add RightSpot to a Hagie STS with a 90-foot boom and 15-inch spacing will range from $32,000 to $35,000. That is up to 6 times less than what it would cost to buy a brand new one.
RightSpot is available to order today!
Find a universal or custom fit for your operation with the help of your local Ag Leader dealer.