Exciting News for Air Seeder Operators!
If you operate an air seeder, you better listen up. In November of 2012, Ag Leader released new and exciting offerings to its air seeder line-up that control specific electric drives.
These new kits support Case/Flexi-Coil/New Holland models with the Variable Rate Electro Hydraulic Systems by using the DC motor driver module. This allows Ag Leader to run the existing Bison 25 amp electric motor for variable rate control.
The part number 4100889 kit that supports these electric drives is now shipping. In addition, you’ll need to order a display cable kit, Auxiliary Input Module, 10 section switch box, Meter Shaft Encoder (order one per channel), Bin Level Sensor (order one per channel) and Fan Speed Sensor.
New Holland TJ 4wd tractor pulling a newly supported P1040 air seeder cart and drill
Overall, Ag Leader air seeder support consists of:
- PWM, hydraulic servo, electro hydraulic, ground drive clutches or linear actuator controls
- One channel of seeding product and up to two additional granular application channels
- Main and individual meter circuit clutches
- Bin-level sensors
- Fan speed monitoring (1 fan)
- Meter shut off option to help prevent plugging
1_5_2-P1040_003_M.jpg. Digital image. Seeding-and-Application-Equipment New Holland Air-Carts – Models, Technical Data and Characteristics. New Holland Agriculture, n.d. Web. 9 Jan. 2013.