Territory Manager – Northern Illinois
Date of Posting: 1-5-24 FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Location: Ames, IA Supervisory: No
Team: Sales and Marketing Reports to: Eastern Regional Sales Manager
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators continuing to revolutionize agriculture.
Looking for a relationship driven sales leader who will join our elite team to develop and grow a strategic territory by proactively uncovering sales opportunities, being a brand champion and developing a best-in-class dealer network.
The Right Person Will
- Have a passion for establishing and maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Be growth-minded and offer innovative ideas that challenge the status quo
- Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Be dedicated to bringing their best every day
- Assist with development, communication and implementation of regional and organizational objectives and tactical plans through strong leadership and strategic vision.
- Analyze the performance of territory sales to identify opportunities and develop action plans to drive further regional growth.
- Analyze historical sales trends across the territory and work with Sales Manager and Business Analyst to project new sales forecast trends by product line.
- Work with key dealers to establish sales targets and create an annual business and marketing plan that aligns with regional and organizational objectives for growth.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to grow dealer understanding of brand presence, and to build equity in the Ag Leader brand across the territory.
- Evaluate and recruit the right kind of dealer partnerships to provide sales and support in underserved areas.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive win/win conclusion using a variety of soft sales skills to influence appropriately.
- Provide sales skills development and product knowledge training to dealers.
- Keep dealers informed of changes in pricing, product availability, financing options, and other important company communication or initiatives.
- Plan and conduct territory trade shows, dealer open houses, conferences and other events in the territory that provide opportunities for the understanding and promotion of company products and brand.
- Provide Sales Manager updates on market trends, competitive information and future business and product opportunities.
- Work effectively with the Training and Support teams to provide the right dealer expectations and meet critical needs in the field.
- Make farm gate and customer visits with key dealers to represent the company, learn and report on customer needs and to model the consultative sales approach.
- At least 70% travel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of successful field sales or sales management experience with proven experience growing a multi-million dollar territory.
- Familiarity with farming practices in production agriculture within the territory.
- Hands-on experience using precision technology and software.
- Comfortable modeling a consultative sales approach, utilizing effective listening, prospecting and negotiation techniques.
- Comfortable presenting to small and large audiences and delivering information in a charismatic way.
- Experience successfully recruiting and developing new dealer prospects.
- Comfortable cold calling growers while bringing the dealer along.
- Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze and effectively present information on the performance of sales initiatives in the territory.
- Strong teamwork and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Agronomy background a plus.
- Must live in or be willing to relocate within the territory, Northern or Central IL preferred.
Ag Leader is a drug-free work environment. All offers for employment are contingent upon a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Ag Leader participates in e-verify.
To apply, please submit your resume below.